Gold Coast Christian College is an independent, co-educational, multi-denominational Christian School catering for children from Kindy through to year 12. The school has a reputation for nurturing children through their key developmental years. With an enriched curriculum, we are committed to expanding your child's love for learning and the development of a positive self image. Your child's character will be individually fostered within the caring Christian environment of Gold Coast Christian College.
The mission of Gold Coast Christian College is to promote a redemptive relationship between each student and Jesus Christ and facilitate a partnership with parents to enhance spiritual, academic, social, physical and vocational growth.
We provide quality Christian education which develops creative and confident young people who are Christ centred, service oriented, innovative learners. Our young people strive for excellence in all they do, have the courage to act on their beliefs and embrace lifelong learning. The College provides the following formal pastoral care provisions:
• Chaplaincy program
• Regular lunchtime inter-house competitions to promote interaction and play
• Free dress days
• Anti-bullying programmes
• Fun chapels where students can participate
• Regular assemblies to share information and celebrate success
• Values programme
• Buddy programme
The College provides curriculum delivery according to the Queensland Education department requirements as well as from a Christian Perspective. Additionally the College provides the following distinctive curriculum offerings:
• Enhanced learning
• Gifted and talented
• Chapel/Assembly programme
• Opportunities for public speaking/singing/performing during Chapel
• Bible study/prayer groups
• Academic competitions
• District and inter-school Sports
• Church visitations – this encourages students in confidence-building through public speaking or performing in front of an audience
• Token Gestures – A Student run non-profit company that fundraises for non-profit
organisations such as ADRA, World Vision etc.
Gold Coast Christian College students are encouraged to participate in a range of extracurricular activities offered by the College. Core learning is supplemented by a range of interesting and fun activities which allow students to expand their horizons and develop skills outside of the formal curriculum such as:
• Individual private music and instrument tuition
• Creative expression
• Districts, inter-school, and intra-school sports programmes and competitions
• Chess club
• Tennis lessons
• Soccer coaching
• Community service
• Inter school competition sports of Netball, Soccer and Touch Football.
The College campus has a unique rural setting and is centrally located in Reedy Creek. A private bus system operates on the major arterial roads, from Coomera to the Tweed River, so you can enjoy the convenience of knowing your child can get to and from school safely each day.