Established in 1982
Brisbane Montessori is a vibrant, passionate, and enthusiastic Montessori community; an inspirational working model of learning for life.
Brisbane Montessori School observes, guides and follows the individual towards independent learning, through balancing freedom of choice and responsibility, within a prepared environment.
Our legacy is empowered individuals realising their full potential.
We are the only Montessori Primary and Secondary School in the Brisbane area. The school offers a magnificent campus on the banks of the Brisbane River in Fig Tree Pocket. Within this rural environment the children and staff enjoy extensive grounds with excellent indoor learning environments, vegetable gardens and beautiful play and picnic areas.
We currently have the following Montessori programmes:
- Infant and Toddler Community (0 - 3 yrs)
- Independent Toddler Community (15 mths - 3 yrs)
- Children's House (3 - 6 yrs)
- Lower Primary (6 - 9 yrs)
- Upper Primary (9 - 12 yrs)
- Middle School (12 - 15 yrs)
For more detailed information about Montessori and our offerings, please visit the school website on www.bms.qld.edu.au
Brisbane Montessori School is an educational approach developed by Italian physician and educator, Maria Montessori. From the beginning, Montessori based her work on her observations of children and experimentation with the environment, materials and lessons available to them. Montessori education is practised in an estimated 22,000 schools worldwide, serving children from birth to eighteen years old.
Brisbane Montessori School offers children the opportunity to realise their potential in a non-competitive environment and seeks to promote:
- self-confidence and self-esteem
- a sense of achievement and self worth
- a sense of responsibility for themselves and their actions
- independence and adaptability
- cooperation with others and a sense of community
- respect for the rights and needs of others
- initiative and self-motivation
- concentration and persistence in completing a task
- critical thinking by practising choice
The Montessori approach provides the foundations for 'Learning for Life'.