St Euphemia has forged a reputation for a high level of academic excellence, a caring pastoral program, a disciplined and safe environment, and an education that is responsive to individual student needs and fosters a love for lifelong learning.
• Dedicated and enthusiastic Staff
• Small class sizes
• Specialised teachers and facilities
• State of the art computer laboratories
• Competition sport
• Literacy and Numeracy support programs
• Enrichment programs
• A wide range of subjects
• Opportunities for community service
• Instruction in English and Key Learning Areas
St Euphemia is a school of outstanding academic success as evidenced by:
• Ranked second in the region after a selective school.
• Attainment of State rankings in HSC Design and Technology, IPT and Modern Greek .
• Numerous Band 5and 6 results in HSC subjects.
• Very high proportion of tertiary entrance.
• Ongoing excellent results in NAPLAN, Selective School, School Certificate and HSC examinations.
Performances enable our students to showcase their individual talents in the Creative Arts. All students have the opportunity to take part in a variety of performances throughout the year.
Performances may include drama, singing, dancing, playing musical instruments and recitals on various occasions during the school year such as:
• Education Week
• Book Week
• Easter Hat Parade
• Christmas Carols/Concert
• Memorial and Commemorative Services
• Greek Independence Day
• Ensemble Performances
• School Productions
Excursions are a valuable teaching and learning vehicle, often integral to quality curriculum delivery as they provide access to teaching content and learning experiences not available at the school. These include visits to:
NSW Parliament House
Power House Museum
Royal National Park
Bathurst (Year 5)
Canberra (Year 6)
St. Euphemia College High School enjoys a reputation for excellence in sport with both Girls' and Boys' teams winning awards at local, regional, State and National levels.
There are many other activities offered to students:
•Academic and other competitions
•Careers Information Expos
•Excursions and field trips (organised to supplement class work)
•Film Study days, Music and Choir
•Peer Support Programs linking Years 7 and 11
•Public Speaking Competitions in English and Modern Greek
•Sister school relations with other Greek Orthodox Colleges in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Athens
•Student dances and fund- raising activities
•Student Representative Council
•Tournament of Minds
•Young Leaders Program
•The biannual “Cultural Awareness Tour” of Greece and Cyprus