West Moreton Anglican College (WestMAC) is a progressive and dynamic co-educational institution situated on a beautiful semi-rural campus, only minutes from Ipswich in Queensland's south-eastern growth corridor.
At West Moreton Anglican College we offer an extremely broad-based curriculum which allows students to select subjects that will ensure individual success in their schooling.
Our College proudly aspires to rewarding every student for their pursuit of individual excellence. West Moreton Anglican College offers:
• Natural co-educational environment with Prep to Year 12 all on the one campus
• 38 hectares surrounding a magnificent lake - plenty of room to move
• Broad curriculum to nurture each student's unique gifts and abilities
• Modern, well established Academic Program and excellent OP outcomes.
• Dynamic Vocational Education and Training Program
• "Respect and Responsibility" Pastoral Care Program
• 170 Sports, Arts and other extra-curricular activities to choose from
• Onsite College Farm featuring fruit and vegetable crops and farm animals including chickens, goats, horses and Charolais cattle herd to support Agricultural Science Program.
• Outdoor Education Program
• Professional staff who want to exceed (not just meet) your expectations.
In the all-important Junior School years which incorporate Prep through to Year 6, children have an insatiable need to learn.
Since 1994, the Junior School at West Moreton Anglican College has built a reputation for caring and innovative teaching where learning is fostered in an environment that encourages creative, critical thinking and where children are also encouraged to take responsibility for their learning.
The Middle School curriculum at West Moreton Anglican College embraces the College credo of Faith, Knowledge and Service. It also places an emphasis on meeting the needs of our students by:
• catering for the transition from childhood to adolescence encompassing the spiritual, physical, social and psychological dimensions;
• providing a sense of stability and continuity by focusing on the links between primary and secondary education;
• organising the timetable so that greater contact is established with a small group of teachers;
• organising the curriculum on the basis of perceived needs of the age group and allowing for the range of intellectual abilities involved.
In the Senior School at West Moreton Anglican College, students are starting to look beyond their school years towards possible careers and post-school options.
Year 10 students can nominate English or English Communication and either Maths A, Maths B or Prevocational Mathematics. Students at West Moreton Anglican College also undertake the core subjects of Science and Social Science, as well as Health & Physical Education (HPE) and Religious and Values Education (RAVE). In addition, students choose three elective subjects from 16 interesting and diverse options.
Our College maintains a flexible approach to studies in Years 11 and 12. Students can choose from 28 accredited Queensland Studies Authority (QSA) subjects and nine Vocational Education and Training (VET) subjects. Students at West Moreton Anglican College can elect to follow a purely academic path, a blended path of academic and vocational subjects or a purely vocational education path.
West Moreton Anglican College also encourages students to take advantage of the Enhanced Studies Programs offered by The University of Queensland and the Queensland University of Technology as well as programs available on our own campus.
Students at who are achieving beyond their age are challenged at West Moreton Anglican College to extend their thinking through a variety of enrichment tasks that recognise different learning styles and the existence of multiple intelligences.
Children who require more support to reach their potential are catered for through a variety of intervention methods coordinated by the learning support team.