Georges River Grammar is a School in the Anglican Tradition. Founded over 30 years ago, our comparative youth has many benefits, which our Parents and Students enjoy. We are a small school and will always be a small school where every child is known and valued. We are able to offer varied opportunities to our students through modern facilities and a well-resourced school. We provide individualised programs to cater for our multi-cultural and academically diverse students. We have developed a caring learning community where the values of inclusion, compassion and justice take pride of place.
We at Georges River Grammar believe that education is about inspiring young minds and developing individuals to achieve their personal best, in order to become confident and capable citizens of the world.
We strive to:
• develop critical and creative thinkers
• challenge students to develop their sense of inquiry and skills in problem solving
• develop state of the art facilities including a multipurpose auditorium
• consolidate the use of technology in the classroom through iPads and BYOD technology
• be an employer of choice where highly trained and experienced staff are continually professional developed to meet the demands of 21st century education
We have a wide range of extra curricular activities on offer at the School. These include Debating, Public Speaking, SES Cadets, Duke of Edinburgh, Mock Trials, Coding Club, Book Club and Chess Club.
Our students are also involved in a variety of competitive sport, including, netball, soccer, rugby league, athletics, cross country, swimming and volleyball.
Based in Positive Psychology by Marty Seligman, Positive Education encourages students to identify their character strengths and in doing so, further develop those character strengths which they are less reliant on. Students also engage in activities like ‘showing gratitude’ by writing letters to people they are truly grateful to.